Thursday, November 17, 2005

tasteless pub food and shortbread biscuits

yet another wonderful day yesterday, makes me wonder when a crappy day is on its way.

i visited with my auntie and nana in liverpool for lunch and tea. i stopped at a lovely street florist on the way and bought some flowers and felt so metropolitan riding the train with my bouquet.

i love giving gifts. perhaps because it makes me feel good. maybe that is why i love christmas so much. i also love receiving gifts, especially when my auntie empties the change from her wallet and gives it to me because 'students don't have very much money,' then she insisted that i take a taxi instead of take a 2 minute walk.

even for someone who strives for new levels of independence, it is nice to be taken care of once in awhile.

my newest thing that i know is that my nana doesn't eat poultry either, i wonder if it was built into my genes?

1 comment:

kristen said...

Shortbread always tastes oddly disappointing to me. I always seem to bite into it thinking it will be sweeter than it is...