Tuesday, November 08, 2005

new thoughts to think

my faith in my academic program was renewed today. i was feeling a bit discouraged and unmotivated with all this talk of theories and no examples of the real world. but after a rather fascinating discussion in one of my lectures today, i am reinvigorated. my brain hurts in that way that your muscles hurt after a good workout. and who would have thought that knowing who Lloyd Axworthy is would have ever been so impressive! a time to feel rather proud of my country and the progress made in human security.

my day was brightened due to the arrival of FIVE pieces of mail. two more of the books i was expecting, some bank junk, and a card with a tea bag contraption from my mom, it all made me smile. even the bank stuff because it said that i was approved for a credit card! now i just have to figure out how this tea bag contraption works.

No comments: