Sunday, November 20, 2005

easy like sunday morning

my favourite thing to do on a sunday is have breakfast with friends and this morning i got to do just that. wonderful french toast paired with wonderful conversation.

i went to leeds yesterday, a nice place with an industrial charm. and tonnes of people, but that is nothing new, there are 60 million people crammed on to this tiny island and northern ireland.

can a person learn how to patient? anyone have any tips? i am realising more and more everyday what an impatient person i am. i once had a boss who said that people who were patient were not dynamic, so maybe i should embrace my impatience and make it work to my advantage. i bought a cadbury's advent calendar that is sitting in front of me, making me impatient for december to hurry up and start so i can eat some chocolate!

yesterday was the coldest i have been so far in england. it is definitely winter but i like the crispness (is that a word?) of the air when there are no clouds and the sun is shining and you can see your breath.

today i learned that the korean war was in fact not an act of collective security. yesterday i learned how to put my cds on itunes. tomorrow i hope to learn how to bake cookies, prepare a presentation, and work out all in the same night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patience is one of the ultimate virtues, it is in this repose that the mind can focus on constructive and deliberate action instead of becoming reactionary. It marks the difference between the do-er and the do-ie. The best way to practice patience is to look at the sheep or the rabbits and let your mind empty of all conscious thoughts and realize that time has no essence.

Anonymous said...

Man, I love those "crispy" days as well, but I am sad to say I have had none that are quite that nice yet. Patience...something I used to pride myself on...I have found out I have very little. Who knew you cold learn so much about about your self, and be so suprised about what you learn!!!Good luck with find yours, maybe I am better off without mine.