Thursday, January 25, 2007

never a dull moment

i have been keeping a pretty full dance card as of late and when i am not calculating how much time i am earning myself in hell or questioning my morals, i have really been having fun. with all of them.

but just as soon as i decide that one of them might actually be the kind of person i would like to spend more of my time with, there has to be an attemped coup in guinea.

you see, a certain someone's exgirlfriend lives there and has fled the country only to end up in nairobi. i can't say i blame him since i would open my doors to exboyfriends fleeing social unrest but this attempted coup is really putting a damper on my weekend plans to go golfing.

i mean, how long do these things typically last? i am afraid i shouldn't hold my breath. as i told him, the most indecisive guy is asking the most impatient girl to wait and see. and that is not a promising situation. and if it is possible, i actually like him more because of the way he was upfront and honest about the whole thing. damn it.

just as i thought things were moving in the right direction there has to be a coup in guinea. who would have ever thought that african strongman politics would have such an impact on my social life?

1 comment:

lu said...

thanks for the complimentary words.

you're welcome anytime!