Sunday, December 04, 2005

love actually... is... all around

uh-oh, i watched love actually AND i will be flying through heathrow at christmastime, i now have high expectations for the arrivals gate!

this time, the story of the sister with her brother with mental illness really got to me. everytime a different story seems to resonate more than the others; perhaps that is the beauty of the movie.

i also burnt my tongue on tea today and now i fear that i will have that burnt tongue feeling all day tomorrow.

my uk christmas shopping is almost done and i am feeling rather good about that. nice to get SOMETHING near completion even if it is not a paper for school. i tell you, this online shopping is so damn convenient. although it doesn't allow me to fluff clothes out to take a better look for size, fabric, quality. those fluffers used to drive me nuts when i worked at the gap because you would have to follow them around the store, refolding everything that they fluffed. but it really is a necessary evil, especially when shopping for gifts.

three of my shopping pet peeves are:

  • putting my receipt in the bag without asking me first if i want it (i always want it)
  • giving me change back with the coins ON TOP of the bills (this is convenient for no one, why do they do it?)
  • when i have to go and find someone to let me into a fitting room to try something on

5 comments:

Joy said...

I get to start my holiday shopping soon. I have heard how convenient it is to get things online, but I am unsure of what I am going to get (especially clothes). But I am always willing to try new things. It means I don't have to fluff (which I do often) or deal with the awkward change. Surprisingly, I have not yet seen Love Actually. It is now on my list.

lu said...

joy the boy, i insist that you watch this movie before christmas this year! i am actually surprised that you have not seen it, with your expertise in movies and other such entertainment! you'll love it and if you don't, i PROMISE to come visit you one day in PEI. ok even if you don't love it, i promise to come visit one day!

Anonymous said...

Watched ELF, this weekend. Nothing like Will in tight pants to put you in the Christmas Spirit!!!!Cant wait for Christmas and the traditional "Sound of Music".

Joy said...

I hope that you do visit! I am now hooked on Chai Lattes since being home. Timothy's World Coffee sells fair trade coffee and I get there whenever I can. It doesn't hurt that there are a couple cute guys behind the counter ;) I will happily give you the island tour anytime.

kristen said...

i hate the coins on the bills too. drives me nuts. i made sure never to do that when i was a cashier.
i think i'll have to revisit love actually...it's been awhile.