- i had an awesome run tonight at quite the clip, making me feel as though i am really improving and that my lungs are in great shape. during this time round training for a 1/2 marathon, my calves are not growing at an exponential rate and looking huge (as they did last time i increased my distances like this). i think i must have adjusted my gait in the past few years because i am not having the calf pain and subsequent cramps, which could have been behind those enormous calves (and ladies, enormous calves are not the easiest to dress...)
- sometimes i need to be forced to take a break and often, this comes in the form of a sickness that forces me to STOP. but not this time. this time i have planned a trip to mexico to stay at this lovely place with my most favourite people in the world, my fam. i know we are going to have a blast and the countdown is on for the best family vacation ever!
- as an aside, the guys on american idol are really kicking the girls arses this season. i love the kid with the mullet. any 16 year old that loves ray lamontagne as much as i do (and has a shameless mullet), gets my vote. if i lived in the u.s of a. and voted for american idol contestants.
- i am now trained to conduct audits (specifically on environmental management systems, but the principles translate to other areas that i have some knowledge) and i think that i would be a really good auditor. anal retentive? yes. keen attention to detail? yes. sort of nosy? yes. blunt and tells it like it is? yes. see? totally up my alley. i think there is a lot of overlap between auditing and monitoring and evaluation (in un speak) so here's hoping i will be able to apply what i have learned over the last 3 days during future career steps.
- going back to tv again for a momento, glee's new episodes will be starting soon, yippee.
- this weekend, i have plans to head to a movie with one of my girlfriends who i haven't seen in awhile and i have a date with another friend to go hiking or for a nice walk.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
things are looking up
here are some thoughts to prove that i am not just a big grumpy guts lately.