- a date with a tall, accented gentleman
- ice fishing with my brother-in-law, where i proved not to be the best fisherwoman as i caught nothing (but neither did anyone else)
- my first double cheeseburger. it was delicious. totally worth all that saturated fat. and, i'll admit it, maybe even better than a single cheeseburger.
- a lovely nap on my sister's couch
- an impromtu stir fry dinner for two
- a completed application to be called to work in emergencies, such as haiti
- an 8km run (even though i was only mentally prepared for a 7km run)
- shopping at mec for a new jacket (sale!), a new pair of mittens, a new pair of wool running socks, and a new running shirt (sale!). not sure why i felt the need to clarify that all those items were NEW...
- a trip to buy new runners only to find the shop was closed
- coffee with my best friend of over 10 years
- coffee with a new friend who will undoubtedly be a friend for a long time
- shopping for 2 skirts at the gap that cost me all of $16, bring on the lucky lady deals!
- shopping for 3 shirts at jacob that cost me nothing as i had a gift card
- a quick trip to the grocery store for soup ingredients
- leek and potato soup
- dishes done
- a viewing of The Hangover, which did not make me laugh out loud. not even once. even though everyone and their dog claims it is hilarious. verdict? not hilarious.
- reading research on 'sex buyers,' otherwise known as johns. for work. yes, i read this stuff for work. if you are interested, you can also read it online.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
sunday sense of accomplishment
i have had a full weekend and it was nice to have a weekend packed full of fun and rewarding things. here is a list of all that i managed to accomplish: