- i've only walked through one cloud of marijuana smoke since arriving
- the BART transit system is rather easy to navigate and the trip from the airport to my hotel was effortless, which is always a relief (but who puts carpet in public transit?!)
- there are a lot of good looking dudes in san fran and most times, i have no idea whose team they play on
- i had a delectable cupcake from kara's cupcakes in ghiradelli square, where i also got to sample some of the famous ghiradelli chocolate
- dinner was lovely (wild salmon, asparagus, mushroom, tomato, and artichoke heart pasta) and gave me another dairy stomach ache (this dairy thing is really getting out of hand)
- there are A LOT of hills in this city
- the twirly whirly road is really cool
- when i needed a caffeine injection to get me up and down those hills, i stopped at boulange de polk for a chocolate croissant and a cappuccino, it was magnificent
- there are some really cute little boutiques in the russian hill/nob hill area of the city and i know i would be a frequent visitor if i lived here
- because the flight this morning was westjet's inaugural flight to sfo, i got a lot of free stuff. who knew that westjet has their own lip chap?
- i forgot that american beer sort of tastes like water until i ordered a pint. i could probably drink 10 of those to match my 5 at home!
- my bird's nest of hair compared to many of the people on the streets of san francisco
- there is an anthropologie within 3 minutes walking distance from my hotel (which is also great!), which could be potentially dangerous
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
first day in the bay city
i love this place! and to save time writing and instead do important things like sleep so that i am rested up for another busy day tomorrow, here you have a bulleted list: