Wednesday, September 20, 2006

excess baggage

i am so confused with technology. what does 'beta' mean?? i have no idea, but i think i have signed myself up for the new blogger beta thing.

and i got myself another new email address in case my university kicks me off mine. so that brings my email addresses to a grand total of 4. which is about 3 too many and is taking up too much of my time.

it is amazing how much time is wasted using seemingly efficient computer programmes and services.

right now my biggest concern is whether or not to bring my laptop to kenya with me. it might be useful for me to have something to do but i have no idea what the status of the world wide web is there and it might just invite burglery or unnecessary excess bag. thoughts??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My vote is for taking it. Allan had no problems in Salvador with his laptop (though he did manage to break his laptop in Chile by tripping over the cord :) and it was a nicer way to keep in touch then waiting in internet cafes. And I don't know Nairobi, but I do know "the horror! the horror!" of writing emails in cafes -- and then having the internet crash! At least with the laptop you could save drafts in Notepad or Word.