Thursday, January 26, 2006

farmed salmon, mad cows, avian flu...

i would pay someone at least $20 for a t ho's single milk, single sugar right now. seriously.

the sky is the most amazing colour of blue and it reminds me of my first home.

i went to a fascinating seminar on food production yesterday. so scary to know that when you buy yourself something for lunch you are supporting phillip morris or monsanto or another equally distasteful corporation. but what is the solution? especially when you love food as much as i do?

one more thing for me to worry about and then get upset because i don't feel as though i can do anything to change it.

4 comments:

lu said...

update: i took advantage of the nice day and walked into town with some rather nice company... i got my groceries and forgot about all the chemicals i am ingesting as i have my toast and honey and cup of coffee to stay awake after all that fresh air!

still boycotting nestle though.

Anonymous said...

you could by a farm and grow all your own food?!haha sorry that is all i can think of...

Anonymous said...

From what I hear (and that is a lot) Kraft is one of the worst companies. Although I must say, it will never matter who controls Lays to me, because no amount of coruption or evil doing can stop me from eatting dill pickle chips!

lu said...

yes, su you are correct. kraft is more or less similar to the devil in the food processing industry. everyone is wondering why our continent is overweight, look at what we put in our mouths!!

i include myself in that, by the way. this morning i had a jaffa cake (processed goodness) followed by my new standby of yoghurt, blueberries, and honey.