Monday, December 19, 2005

i love alberta beef

hugh was not waiting for me at the arrivals gate at heathrow... but it was ok because my mom and my sister were waiting in calgary with a big bouquet of flowers. and of course my favourite westjetter was working too, so that was nice to see some familiar faces among the sea of people when i touched down.

we went directly to my grandparents' house for christmas and it was almost as magical as when we were young, i think it had something to do with having kids around and a full house. my favourite part was everyone eating at a long table, sitting my noisy cousins and uncle at one end and managing to pass brussel sprouts and jelly salads to everyone. it was really great and so nice to feel as though this family, with all its idiosyncrasies and loudness, is mine.

i had alberta beef today for lunch. an albertan girl who doesn't like meat always seems to have space for a little alberta beef.

1 comment:

kristen said...

i've put in my request for beef...it's just not the same...even here.