Wednesday, December 07, 2005

cabbage rolls and aprons

someone recently said that i was 'home-y' and my first reaction was to say 'absolutely not!' but then i realised that it is all relative and that i grew up surrounded by women who kept warm and cozy houses, kitchens, and families and made an environment that welcomed guests. i have distinct memories of my grandma, my mom, and my sister all wearing aprons - my grandma making cabbage rolls, my mom baking cookies, and my sister with pizza dough or cinnamon buns. i suppose you just absorb those 'home-y' skills and the ability to make a warm and welcoming environment. but i still compare myself to them and these women put me to shame!

i think i am getting a sore throat, right now it is just that prickly feeling on the right side of my throat, but i can sense it. best to treat this one with tea and a good night's rest. the tea is easy, it is the good night's rest that seems to be the problem lately.

No comments: