Tuesday, December 13, 2005

first impressions and substance use

today i learned how to twirl my pen, you know how those kids did that in high school? well i have half been able to do it for years but today i tried it while i was in the library and did not fling my pen across the table and hit someone, so i feel that it was a success.

now i want to learn how the hair dresser (stylist? i never know what to call them) can straighten my hair so well that i have worn it for 2 days, slept on it once, and walked in the rain and it is STILL NOT FRIZZY. wow. i am going to try for day 3 which might not actually be that hard because apparently our flat has not had hot water all day.

i love my new hair, i especially love it because while it was being done i did not have to make small talk and i just sat and read my book. would you like to know a little known fact about me? i am really bad at small talk. i revert back to my childhood of shyness and come out with stupid giggles and ask dumb questions to which i already know the answer.

i am drinking coffee to stay awake for the first time in my life. i have never been so dependent on caffeine to keep going, but i suppose that the life of the student requires some substance dependence and caffeine is better than most.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well I am glad to hear you finally kicked you drug habit and moved to coffee. Here is a little known fact about coffee; the lighter the roast, the more the caffine. So drink up...

lu said...

really? and i always go for darker roasts, maybe i will consider a switch. i slept over 12 hours last night though, so that should take care of my exhaustion.

Anonymous said...

best of luck with staying up. thanks for the tip sara, tried it, was up, finished studying...cross your fingers for an A.