Friday, November 11, 2005

one creepy cat

today was a lovely day despite giant raindrops and gale force wind: a nice walk near the sea, cup of earl grey in a tea house, my first dinner guest, and a movie at the uni cinema.

i was so nervous for my first dinner guest, butterflies in my stomach and everything. i was quite worried that a) i would not have enough food, b) i would ruin the salmon as i have never really cooked it all by myself, or c) that my dinner guest, a fellow canadian, would be deathly allergic to basil or parsley or asparagus. it is common etiquette to warm someone if you have a serious aversion or allergy to a certain food? i think it should be if it is not already.

the dinner turned out wonderfully and i impressed even myself with the way it all worked together so well. i even set the table nicely and had a compliment on my cooking... i bet some of you never would have predicted that!

after dinner we went to see charlie and the chocolate factory. that johnny depp is fascinatingly weird, or should i say willy wonka? an entertaining movie, especially the musical oompa loompa scenes! i love a packed theatre.

i observed my two minutes of silence in the library with all the other library goers today. didn't it used to be one minute? i didn't mind at all, nice to have a moment of clarity.

No comments: