Wednesday, November 23, 2005

in need of centering

i feel as though i need to take a deep breath and a few steps back to refocus and prioritise for the busy weeks i will have ahead of me. somehow i managed to fall behind and now i need to redistribute my energies so that none of my courses are neglected. tough stuff when one of them is incredibly fascinating and the two others are not as inspiring.

unfortunately, this means that i need to cancel my work out non-date and better manage my time. no reading my book (which i am almost done), no knitting mittens, no more baking cookies...

have you seen the movie Downfall? well, you should. you know a good movie when you can sit through two and a half hours and not feel as though you are counting down the minutes until it is over. makes war look real while at the same time emphasising the surreality of it all. i am unquestionably no nazi sympathiser, but i do think that it is easy to condemn the people on the fringes in hindsight. makes me wonder if those of my generation can even conceive what is seemingly inconceivable. watch it, then let's talk about the amazing actor that played hitler.

4 comments:

kristen said...

he was really amazing hey? i say the movie at the uptown a few weeks after it was released and i found myself thinking about it for WEEKS.

lu said...

ohhhh.....i wish we could get together and have coffee and talk about it! so glad to know that people are seeing the movie, such a thought provoker.

Anonymous said...

Is this a Pk production? I am quite farmiliar with their work!

lu said...

i bet you are...! haha