Wednesday, November 22, 2006

mount longonot

i remember sitting in a lecture theatre in my first semestre of my first year at uni, learning about the rift valley in a physical anthropology course and never once did the thought cross my mind then that i would have the opportunity to hike up a dormant volcano and around its crater in the awe-inspiring rift valley.

the rainbow on the way down was like no other i have seen and the zebras, impala, and gazelle made me feel as though i am really in the africa of storybooks and legend. so did the bumpy 4x4 ride on a potholed, partially flooded road.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are these your photos? They are wonderful. Is the picture of you on top of the volvano? Or it is that foggy all over?

lu said...

The little photo in the middle is not mine, but that is the volcano that I hiked up and the crater I hiked around. And the rainbow? All mine! It was stunning.

kristen said...

love the rainbow...