Tuesday, March 21, 2006

silly girl?

why oh why when i get angry and feel that something is unfair do i start crying?! it happened again yesterday and i understand that it is really hard to be taken seriously and treated like an adult when you have tears rolling down your face, but i don't have a clue how to stop it. this time i politely excused myself as i felt i was being disrespected and although i wanted to stay and express my opinion clearly, i knew that i should just walk away and deal with it later when i wasn't so worked up. i managed to keep the crying until i was in the hallway by myself.

and that is now what i have to deal with tomorrow along with write a dissertation proposal for a topic i am not even sure of, write two essay plans, start writing one essay, finish the research for another, and start the research for the third!

and eat chocolate today because it is chocolate eating day! yay, 40 days is over and i can enjoy mini eggs like most of the rest of the easter-celebrating world. i will tell you if the canadian or the english mini eggs are more suitable to my tastes after i eat them later today.

5 comments:

kristen said...

I'm sorry....
Does this happen more in England than it does here? I know that I've had some rude things said to me in social settings where people are actually trying to get the best of me (and I am trying to tell them that even that's not acceptable)...but NEVER in a formal setting.
Don't give up. As frustrating as it is, they need to know that it isn't acceptable even if you'll probably never change them.

Heather said...

I also cry when I get upset or disrespected... It's stupid and I wish I could stop it, but lik eyou said, it's uncontrollable. I hope you can say what you need to say to these people and not cry!

lu said...

thanks girls! i felt like a bit of a whiner putting that post up, but now i am glad i did. i am having 'the meeting' tomorrow and will let you know tomorrow how i feel about my cry-free performance.

but for now...i am eating a mini egg! the english kind, not as nice as the canadian kind i don't think. but still an easter-licious delight!

Anonymous said...

to cry or feel strongly about anything that would bring you to tears or any emotion for that matter is the greatest feeling that lets you know you are alive,real,and have unmvable passion...what is a greater quality than PASSION!!!!!
stay strong, looks like you are not alone.

lu said...

well i had the meeting and i cried even though i tried my hardest not to, but i brought kleenex so i was prepared.

i stood up for myself and my opinion was validated when the head of department agreed that i had been rude to, but bureacracy won overall and i still have to do what i do not think i should have to...just because it says it in the handbook. meh, it won't be difficult, my biggest concern was the way i was treated and i think i got that across clearly. even through the tears!