Saturday, March 18, 2006

my hockey mom

i drank my first full pint of guinness last night and now i am hung over. i tried tea, a shower, water, and now i am on coffee and toast trying to alleviate the symptoms brought on either from the beer, the wine, the mad dancing, the piggy back competition (which thanks to all that piggy back practice i got on the streets of calgary during the playoff run, i clearly won), the late night chips and vinegar, the dirty kebab, the slice of pizza, or the 4am bed time.

when i retrieve my camera from a friend, i will post some pictures, i am sure there are some doozys of me on there in my finest irish form.

these pink sticks the nhl players are going to use is fantastic, i think that canada is held together by hockey moms. they keep t ho's in business (it's roll-up-the-rim-to-win season, isn't it?!) and they keep buying giant suvs to lug all that equipment around in, clearly stimulating the economy at every turn. but more importantly, they raise the future gretzkys and iginlas, phenonmenal players and people, and it is a damn hard job.

if my hockey mom were here, she's be saying 'mod-er-ation' over and over, but she might make me some soup too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course I would,it would be Lipton's chicken noodle soup!
love your favorite hockey mom